- What do you wonder about?
- From the list of wonders, how can we use math to make a decision? How can math serve our needs?
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- What is interesting or important about this situation?
- Who cares about this situation?
- What other information do you need? Are there important quantities?
What is the best sale promotion?
Making Assumptions and Considering the Variables
- If I knew______, then I could figure out_______
- Let’s assume__________.
- What assumptions can we make around the problem to simplify the problem posed?
Here is some information to help the with their math happening.
Solving- Doing the Mathematics/Building a model
- What math do you know that can help you solve the problem?
- What are some common misconceptions that could arise at this stage, and how can they be addressed?
- How might we use our solution to other similar problems?
- Can this solution help us with other problems?
Is there a model/formula that I can reuse or share with other school stores?
Analyzing and revising the model
- How might we become even more precise with our model?
- How might our model change if we changed some of our previous assumptions?
Reporting out- Sharing & Connecting Real world Math to school math
- How does all the math we used in this problem relate to what we covering as math topics this year?
- Can you identify all the math and strategies we used to tackle this problem?